0

Today, 456 years ago, in the year 1564, the Chevra Kadisha of the holy community of Prague, was established.

The Chevra Kadisha was established by the two Rabbanim, the Maharal eventually the rav of Prague, and his contemporary Rabbi Eliezer Ashkenazi, known as the Maseh Hashem eventually the rav of Poznan,

The evening before, the members gathered in the Klausen Shul, where a ceremonial Maariv was davened, and thereafter some drashos were given by the rav of the community, and more.

Source: Hamwasser 1864:27

 

See: https://kankanjournal.com/kdh01045780/